Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Unable to create files/folders on duplicated shares

edited May 2013 in DrivePool
I'm not sure how long this issue has been going on, as I haven't tried adding files or folders to my two duplicated shares until recently. When I attempt to copy or create a file or folder to the two shares, I get a "You need permission to form this action" message. I receive the error both on my laptop and on my HTPC in the living room. I can copy or create files and folders on other non-duplicated shares. 

From the server, the security tab for these shares look identical to the working ones for both the users logged into the client computers as well as the administrators group.

Both clients are Windows 7, and I'm running version 1.1.6326 of DrivePool. I'd appreciate any help I can get! :)

Comments

Well, of course right after I post this the problem is resolved. :) 

Apparently one of the discs in the pool was missing, and a basic restart didn't fix it. I opened up the server and checked all the connections, which were fine, and when I rebooted the disc was back and the file error had been resolved. 

Computers, man, computers.
  • Covecube
    ROFL! Not to the issue, but that last statement. And yes, seriously. 
    Or, like a friend of mine used to say "Computers. They're great.... when they work." :P

Also, you may want to update DrivePool. The most recent stable version is 1.3.1.7541. 

And if I had to guess, you probably had a loose cable.