Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

FTPing to the pool

edited August 2011 in DrivePool

I just installed WHS2011 and drivepool last night.  I see that the pooled drive location is on my C; drive, as I understand it should be.  My question is, if I want to FTP files to the pool what destination location do I use for the FTP?  If I point the files to the folder on the C: drive, will they be disbursed across the pool or be 'dumped' to the folder on the C: drive?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Comments

• edited August 2011 Resident Guru
    Hi mcholach, if you need to point to a disk rather than a share, use the C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders.Mount\ path.

(not to be confused with the C:\ServerFolders or C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders\ paths)

Alex, we should update the wiki's "How does it work?" link to the blogpost http://blog.covecube.com/2011/03/stablebit-drivepool-technical-overview/ as that refers to the old C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders\ without mention of the C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders.Mount path.
  • Shane, I am setting up my FTP and wanted to know if the above path still holds true?  I cannot find C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders.Mount\ path.
  • edited January 2013 Resident Guru
    Hi muaddib, no, that was before the M4(?) complete rewrite of the DrivePool code to use a true file system driver rather a user/kernel space hybrid. Version 1.0.0.5380, I think.

Your path should use the pool's own drive letter (as displayed by the StableBit DrivePool section of the Dashboard, and also in the Pool tab of the Server Folders And Hard Drives section of the Dashboard).

E.g. my pool uses Q:, so I would use Q:\pathtomyftpfolderspace\ in my ftp server.
  • Thanks Shane.  Originally I was using Filezilla, which has a hard time sharing network shares.  I switched to Bulletproof, which allows the usage of virtual links to network shares and all is now well.