Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Are you having trouble with licensing?

edited March 2012 in DrivePool
Hi everyone,

I'd like to get some feedback on your experience with DrivePool licensing.

I've just had a user report issues with licensing, where their license would spontaneously deactivate. I don't have any more information than that.

I haven't heard anything like this before and would like to get some feedback from the community.

----

So basically, if you've purchased a license and had to activate more than once, please reply to this thread and let me know.

I know that if you re-install WHS, and you didn't deactivate the prior license, then you will not be able to activate a new license, even if it's on the same hardware. I'm looking at addressing that for 1.0 final. If this is happening to you, just send me a note @ stablebit.com/contact and I'll help you out.

But, if you've purchased a license, did you ever need to activate more than once on the same OS?

Thanks,

Comments

• I have reinstalled WHS and have therefore tested the reactivation of the license - it worked like a charm - please implement the same on the scanner software :-)
  • I have had to enter my license about 3 times after activation. 
  • I had purchased StableBit Scanner and that was installed and registered already when installing DrivePool. I'm not sure if the DrivePool register dialog checks the clipboard or not, but when I opened the "register dialog" the key was already filled in (same as Scanner) and it went straight through. I've not had to activeate more than once.
  • I've just updated from 5932 to 5933 and my drivepool has asked for activation code (even though was previously activated). I have tried entering 4 times now and it still showing as deactivated?

any ideas?

Producted purchased 11/3/2012

Thanks

Kris

• I was asked to relicense after a recent upgrade.  It won't accept the original licensing code anymore.  Same machine, no re-install of the OS.  Help?
  • edited March 2012 Covecube
    @Kris: If you haven't done this already, open up a contact request @ http://stablebit.com/contact and we'll troubleshoot this.

@Dave, I can reset your license if you open up a contact request using the URL I gave to Kris. Also, please mention which hardware you changed.

Same goes for anyone else experiencing this problem.

I'll try to reproduce the issue and see what is causing it. Any clues as to the cause would be appreciated.

Keep in mind that if you're on the BETA trial, upgrading to a new version gives you another 30 days to evaluate it. So each version gets its own 30 day limit, which requires you to obtain a new license. This will not be the case in the final which is being released any day now.
  • I am totally unable to activate my license ... ordered one using google wallet, got an instant confirmation message from google about the payment and with a download link. Trying that the website at stablebit tries endlessly to find my order.

i used the support form ... no answer there other than an automated one telling me my Inquiry had been registered.

no email on that website to contact ... no usable information in the whois-db for the domain stablebit.com ...

i guess this forum is my final try before ill go and uninstall drivepool and forget about the 19.95 bucks ive spent on this - as the beta seems - great software.

your frustrated customer, Dirk Platt

• UPDATE: Alex contacted me and we finally got my Problem resolved ... He was so kind to grant me a generous discount for my activation trouble.

So finally this came to a good end for me :)

Kind Regards, your now happy customer Dirk