Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Uninstalling Scanner Breaks Dashboard Functionality

edited July 2012 in Scanner

On 2 occasions I attempted to remove the Scanner Software from my WHS2011 Server and both times after it uninstalled I was unable to run the Dashboard.   The Dashboard would attempt to start then it would just shut down.  Reinstalling the Scanner Software restored functionality to the Dashboard.

The version of the software I removed was 2.0.2384.  Now I just downloaded the latest version 2.0.2467 which I will let run for a while but if I decide to remove it I fear I may have the same problem.

I am also running the Released version of Drive Pool which I am very pleased with but I am not certain if there is any cause and effect between the two which causes the Dashboard not to load properly when removing the Scanner Software.  I do have great respect for your software and believe it to be of good quality but I do need to know what if anything I can do on my end should I decide to once again remove the Scanner Software which is still in beta developement.

I am not certain if others have experienced the same thing and are looking for a solution but for now my solution is just to reinstall the software and see what if there is a solution or not.

Comments

• Covecube
    There were a number of builds of Scanner 2.0 BETA that needed to modify the machine.config file in order to work correctly with some versions of DrivePool (including the currently released final). These modifications were supposed to be getting undone when you removed the Scanner. But a number of people had reported that they weren't.

The end result of this was that your Dashboard would not load after you removed the Scanner. Well, as you could imagine, this was unacceptable. So we stopped doing that modification since.

There's also a new repair task in the WSS Troubleshooter to automatically fix any systems that were bit by this.

Available here:
  • Thanks Alex I appreciate all your efforts.