Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Swapping new drives

edited December 2012 in DrivePool

Hi,  I have around 4 drives in a pool and one slot free, the one slot free will be 3tb and my data is less than 3 tb across the current 4 drives i want to remove from the pool.

Any instructions on how i can do this, once this is done i will be adding 3 more 3tb to form the pool.

Thanks

Comments

• Resident Guru
    Hi waghelak. When you remove a drive from the pool using the "Add/remove disks..." task in the StableBit DrivePool section of the Dashboard, its data is moved to the other disk(s) in the pool.

So swapping an old drive for a new drive is a matter of (1) add new drive to the machine, (2) add new drive to the pool, (3) remove old drive from the pool, (4) remove old drive from the machine.

If you didn't have any spare slots for the new drive, you'd either: (a) need enough free space remaining in the pool that you could remove one of the old drives first without running out of room, or (b) use a USB-to-SATA drive enclosure or other temporary method of connecting the new drive until you could free up a permanent slot for it.