Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Suggestion for WHS 2011 client backup integrity check

edited December 2012 in DrivePool
I was happy to see that the WHSDbDataDump tool has been updated to version 2.0 for WHS 2011.  Version 1 of this tool saved my butt when the client backup database on my WHS V1 server got corrupted. Using the tooI, I was able to recover most of the backup I needed even though WHS wouldn't mount it.

There was also a client backup database checker program available for WHS V1 called WhsDBCheck 1.0.  After my client backup database got corrupted the first time, I used this tool to regularly check the integrity of the database by running it from a batch file.  My suggestion is to update this program to version 2 for WHS 2011. This would be a valuable update even if it has to be run from a command line like version 1. If it could be integrated as a task into DrivePool or Scanner, that would be a feature to brag about.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• No comments?  I still think that this would be a worthwhile tool.  Currently, I have no idea if my client backups have corruption issues or not.  I've done test mounts of a couple of the backups and downloaded a file or two, but checking the entire database without a tool like WhsDBCheck is not going to happen.
  • Here is a link to the SafeBackup website. I assumed that the Alex at this site is the same Alex at that site since WHSDbDataDump V2.0 is posted here on the StableBit site.