Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Odd Scanner Smart Monitoring

edited July 2012 in Scanner

Hi,

Scanner not showing smart data for all my Drives but it seems to be random every time i open the dashboard different drives show the data and then those that were are not anybody having this problem.

Lee

Comments

• I am also having this problem on both of my servers after updating to 2.1.0.2601 from 2.0.0.1282 beta.  Randomly it will give me smart info on different drives after a restart of the server.  Setting UnsafeDirectIO to True has no effect at all.

-jd
  • Ditto. Installed latest released version of Scanner on a relatively fresh install of WHS 2011 (about a week old). With six drives in the server, only one drive recognised with SMART data available. Rebooted the server several times with same effect although the SMART drive was randomly different each time. Unfortunately, short on time to carry out any further testing and have un-installed Scanner for the moment.

• edited September 2012 Member
    I have the same thing, i won't be buying at the end of the trial unless it fixed.

Installed the 2.2.0.2668 beta and the smart information is picked up fine on all the drives but obviously i have no dashboard integration now. So hopefully Stablebit will fix the WHS2011 version quickly.
  • It takes time for the Scanner to pull down the Smart Data from BitFlock. Give it some time and it should retrieve the information.
  • My problem is similar but I have one disk specifically that shows no SMART data and when I right click and select Disk Details it crashes the dashboard.  Just installed 2.2.0.2668 beta and it changed nothing.  Have a Support request in on it.