Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

SMART Workload wear reporting wrong values?

edited March 2013 in Scanner
Hi

As you can see on the attached screenshot I have an Intel SSD thats reporting Workload Media Wear to 2148%.

I checked the disk a few days ago and it was then reporting about 65% Life used. Now it suddenly reports 2148% over night.
And as you can see, the total writes is about 3,42TB which is way under it's estimated lifetime writes.

The interpretation rules is updated today.

Question is... is this an error in the interpretation rules, a but in the scanner or what?

The disk is not really used that much and it's a pretty static enviroment without alot of writes to the system disk.

Thank you

Comments

• edited March 2013 Resident Guru
    It does seem more than coincidental that the rules updated today. As it is an Intel SSD, you could compare Scanner's report with Intel's own SSD Toolbox software's report?
  • This issue has been resolved.

To my surprise it was resolved (and reproduced) by installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology on the server.
    I did not know that this had to be installed to get the correct SMART values from the SSD.

After installing it the correct SMART values are read from the disk.