Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Balancers Question, Windows 8, Beta 2

edited March 2013 in DrivePool

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out the operation of the Balancers. I'm haven't installed Scanner, as yet.

Do I leave all of he Balancers checked, as per default?

When I'm copying files into the Pool, the data get spread farly equaly across the Pool, but if I set a schedule to Balance in a few minutes, nothing happens (even though I have a freshly added, empty drive in the Pool. What am I missing?

I have FlexRaid also, and I want to make sure I don't have an Upgrade running on that, and Drive Pool Balancing kicks in, so I'm needing to see how this works a bit better.

Thanks,

Kurt

Comments

• DrivePool doesn't spread the data across all the drives evenly, per say. It has its own algorithms to determine where the data will land. However, if you have a freshly added drive, it SHOULD place the data there first, it just won't got BACK and balance them out. There is a solution for you though:

The Balancer you want to use is a separate download but will do exactly what you want, even out the data across all hard drives by either % used or free space lefts (It's a choice).

"Disk Space Equalizer"
  • Thanks. That looks like it might be interesting to try out. I've downloaded, placed it in the Plugins/Balancers folder and restarted the StableBit Service, but I don't see the plugin. What's the secret to installing the plugin?

Thanks,

Kurt

• Resident Guru
    Hi Kurt, the balancing plug-ins currently only work for DrivePool v1, updating them to work with v2 is in progress.