Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

STABLEBIT M4 "MANAGE FOLDERS" LINK NOT WORKING

edited February 2012 in DrivePool

I am unabe to change any duplication or add any new folders via the "Manage Folders" link in stablebit M4 menu. Upon clicking the manage folders link it does nothing it acts like a dead link. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone know how I can fix this? I'm trying to turn duplication on for my computer backups but am unable too.  I tried searching to see if anyone else had these problems but was unable to find any. Furthermore upon my reading through the forum posts it appears that people have been able to get into the "Manage Folder" settings. Any help would be so appreciated.

TIA,

TY

B.T.W. this program rocks. Ending DE support has to be one of the most dumb moves Microsoft has done in a while... Bad for them, Good for Alex.

Comments

• "Manage Folder" should link you to "Server Folders and Hard Drives menu".  Can you open "Server Folders and Hard Drives" on the Dashboard?  Are all your shares there?  More info would help.  Is this a new install, a upgrade, did it work before upgrade...

v5635

• Sorry about being vague. The manage folder link does nothing. If I go to the Server Folders and Hard Drives Menu it shows the C drive, D pool drive and the SYS drive but none of my folders are shown. Double clicking on the pool hard drive brings the hard drive properties menu but I can't find anywhere to set duplication. I also can go to the Pool tab but that showes individual disks. It also shows the D: pool but I can't find anywhere to set duplication for folders. I have had this problem ever since moving up from M3 to M4. I am on the latest version. I just assumed sooner or later in a future release these issues would have been addressed. I didnt think until today that it was just me having these problems. Also in stablebit If I select the disk sections on the lower half it show all my disk which are all around 40 - 48% full, but the bars show that there around 90 -95% full.

TIA

• Sound like you may have and an issue with the migration process from M3 to M4.  What shows up on the server folder tab?

• Well that explains it. I don't even have the "server folders" tab underneath sever folders and hard drives. All I have is Hard Drives, AWIECO DriveInfo, Pool. Any suggestions guys? BTW I have installed and used every release offered of drivepool as they came out.

TIA,

Ty

• Any suggestions? I have uninstalled dp, rebooted the server, ran ccleaner on reg, reinstalled, same problem. any suggestions would be very helpful. I really need to be able to put duplication on my client backups.

Thanks in Advance,

Ty

• edited February 2012 Member

What OS is this on?  Have you checked the event viewer for errors?  Have you tried to remove all add-ins to see if this brings back the Server folder tab?  Do you have any Server backups you could try to restore from?

The Server Folder tab is part of the OS so unfortunately as a last resort you may have to do a reinstall. I tested installing AWIECO DriveInfo v1.0.4 and didn't have any issues but I haven't had really any of the issues everyone is having.  Only issue I have is client backups failing again.

But it might just be AWIECO, but looking at the date of post it is a different version.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/whsvailbeta/thread/f0d61882-2ca2-437d-98be-84cffe899c7e

• OS? WHS2011 I have uninstalled all addins with the exception of mymovies and I still have no server folders listed. I dont see "server folders" on c:\ anymore. Any backups I have are from M4. when I upgraded to M4 I seem to have lost all backups in the switch. So i only have backups with the same problem Im trying to fix. Is there a way to add the folders back in? I really dont want to reinstall if at all possible. any suggestions any one? also thanks for your help so far Doug.

Ty

• BUELLER... BUELLER... BUELLER...
  • Resident Guru
    That looks like a real headache. Perhaps it might be best to contact Alex directly via http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool#Troubleshooting_and_reporting_bugs