Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Drivepool not balancing...

edited July 2013 in BitFlock
In the middle of migrating my WHSv1 to 2012Essentials & the DrivePool beta for that version...

I have 2 drives (5tb total) in the existing pool to start out and as I free up space on the WHSv1 by moving it to 2012, I'll move drives over and add them to the pool;  It's the only way that seems viable as I have 28Tb of data on 14 drives.

Unfortunately I seem to have run into a problem...  Copying the first bunch of stuff over to the DrivePool created logical drive, it quickly filled up the smaller 2tb drive and has the second 3tb drive only about 33% full.  I can no longer copy any more stuff to that pool as it claims the drive is full and nothing more can be added.

It's as if it's not dynamically balancing the pool on the fly?  Is there something wrong here??