Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Duplication Issues (Always has remaining unduplicated data)

edited July 2013 in DrivePool
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with duplication...

I've got 5 disks, 11.8TB total size (all one pool), 2.45TB Free space, with pool duplication set (I haven't fiddled with any duplication customisation).

The pool is showing 514GB of unduplicated data.  Several times I've re-measured and it still shows 514GB of unduplicated data.  So I let it run through it's "Duplicating...(xx.x%)" and it creeps its way up towards 100% (seen it about as high as high as almost 80%), it takes at least a week to get that high.  But sometime after about a week I usually need to do a reboot (at the very least system updates usually require a reboot about once a week).  After the reboot, 514GB of data is still unduplicated...  I've added plenty of data to the pool, and it always shows 514GB unduplicated.  If I hover over the "Duplicating..." it shows the path of what's being duplicated and moves from path to path, so looks like it's doing something...

Anyone else come across something like this?  Anyone know what to do?

If there was some log of what's duplicated / what's not duplicated, I could simply manually copy the data to another drive to get it duplicated then remeasure...  Is there some log somewhere that logs what it's doing, if anything fails?

Any advise before I put in an official support request would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Symo

Comments

• edited July 2013 Resident Guru
    There are logs in "C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\Logs".

It may be an NTFS permissions or ownership issue. Or it may be a beta bug, if you're using a beta release.

Please also note the new forums at http://community.covecube.com/