Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Indexing Drivepool Folders

edited August 2011 in DrivePool
How can I index my drive folders? It would be nice to have Windows search be able to connect to the index files. 

Comments

• Looking for an answer to the same question.
    I'm not able to select the DrivePool-Folders in the settings of the index.
  • Resident Guru
    Can't access my machine at the moment. Can you index C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders.Mount or any of its subfolders?
  • Seems when you move a folder, like Pictures, from its original location to the drivepool, it removes it from the locations to be indexed.  You cannot select anything within the ServerPool directory which means you cannot add the share to your libraries on a Windows 7 computer as the pooled directory is not indexed.  This also prevents the items from showing up on the remote web page under Media Library.

Also, if I move the directory back to its original location a couple things happen.  If the original ServerFolder\Folder Name exists, you get error that it does.  If you delete the folder, you can move the folder from the pool back to its original location, but the folder is marked as hidden.

Any thoughts on this?   Major blocking point for me not to have the pooled folders indexed.

• edited August 2011 Resident Guru
    WHS 2011's Indexing Options does not allow adding UNC paths, junctions or symbolically linked directories via its GUI. Nor does Windows 7. This is, of course, a pain in the behind.

I've found a few kludgy workarounds, but frankly nothing as easy as this program which allows you to add UNC paths to your indexed folders. Remember, run it on Windows 7 clients, not on the server.
  • Shane, thanks for the program, that should work fine for my Win7 installations, but doesn't help with the missing items on the remote web browser within the media library.    Or maybe I'm missing something there.