It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.
The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com
The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.
This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.
Firstly, how do I completely clear the drivepool settings so that it has no log of missing drives etc?
This is the actual problem:
- My pool & share was running fine.
- I changed a user's rights and the description on the share, the progress bar went through and then got stuck at "Finalizing"
- I left it for a few minutes, but nothing. The share disappeared and the Drivepool service was using 100% and continuously reading off my C: drive (Checked using monitor)
- I tried restarting, as soon as Windows loads it starts again.
- I tried disconnecting the drives which worked, but upon connecting and detection it started again.
- I disconnected and removed "missing" drives from the pool manually, then generated a new GUID on the drive (Using the same share). Once I plug in Drive pool detects as foreign, but then starts the 100% and main drive reading again.
- Renaming the actual share inside the pool fixed the problem i.e. [guid]\old.1 to [guid]\new.1. This imported the new pool and share fine but as soon as I try the old name it starts again.
- Re-installing drivepool doesn't help because the settings are still kept.
It seems like it had something to do with the share not finishing properly. Which is why I'd like to clear the config to try again.