Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Can't access the shared folder from PC/mac

edited September 2011 in DrivePool
Hi, I use the build 3955. When copy files to the "drive pool shared folder video" from a map network drive. It seems stuck for about 30 min and I try to restart. 
Then, WHS stuck at stopping services window and won't restart.

It happen twice and I didn't try it again until few hours later. Now I can't access the Shared folder from my pc. it say i don't have permissions.
On my mac, it can see the shared folder, but can't access it either.

I try to remove and reinstall but it didn't work.

Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2011 Member

Have you checked the log file to see what, if any, errors are being generated?

If you "reinstalled" then you should probably reboot the server and then go into the dashboard and double-check the permissions on your shares..  To make sure that all of the correct permission are applied, I would suggest at least clicking the down arrow on at least one of your users and reselecting the applicable permission and then "Apply".

I was having a similar issue and going through the above steps straightened everything out.

• Thanks Arthur.

I did reinstall the WHS and test it again. So far no problem transferring the files and the permission issues still exist even after reinstall my WHS
    I follow your guide on your post and now it can be accessed again.