Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

The add-in is already installed

edited October 2011 in DrivePool
Hi,

So there what happening... I update yesterday to the last version (4056), but at the end of the installation I got an error telling me it can't installed. Nothing more in the log.

So, I rebooted and got a BSOD (Stop 3B). After a few attempts, I managed to boot in safe mode, deactivate the services of the drivepool and boot in normal mode again. I uninstalled the add-in and apply the StableBit DrivePool Clean Re-install procedure of the wiki. Reboot and now I got this error when trying to reinstalling: The add-in is already installed.

I double check everything in the procedure, it's seems to be correctly uninstalled, nothing in the dashboard or in the uninstall programs. No more folder in the C:/ Drive... at this point, I don't what to do...

Alex

Comments

• Resident Guru
    I definitely recommend submitting a bug report. I'd start with this one for the BSOD: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_System_Crashes

And mention in the report that you subsequently tried a clean reinstall and are getting that error.

• I too am having trouble installing the newer version 4056. I get the error add-in is already installed. So I rebooted and tried again.
    Still same error, so I am submitting a bug report.

JimD
  • Just send the crash report like you propose Shane!

But I just saw something weird (And I it's a bit stupid of me to have missed it...)
    The add-in is still in the Add-ins list of the Dashboard, but not in the Add/Remove Programs.
    I tried to uninstall it, nothing works... It's said it uninstall successfully, but I soon as I restart the Dashboard/Server, it pop again.

It's frustrating, I just hope that installing a new build may fix the problem.