Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

The file '' is too large for the destination file system

edited October 2011 in DrivePool
Hi,

I am getting this error using the last two builds (now on 4058) it only affects 4 of my 7 pooled folders and I can do nothing to resolve it.  I am unable to create a new folder or copy any data the the pooled folder.  I have reset permissions & changed permissions from read/write to no access & then back again.  Do I have to move all the data out of the folders, delete them & re-create them? I am able to create folders & copy data into these folders directly on the server, but I get the error above if I try to do it from a network share on my other computers.....

Comments

• ok, I have found a workaround for this..... If I create a new text document & then delete it in the effected pool then I am allowed to delete/create/copy whatever without any issues!  I have done this in all affected shares and now working again without problems.....hope that helps to find the bug!
  • edited October 2011 Resident Guru
    Hi mbc0, if you still have the problem with build 4058, could you submit a copy of DrivePool's error logs?
  • edited October 2011 Member
    Definately let Alex know, I submitted for this exact issue a few days ago.  Alex put out 4058 to try and address it, if it's still happening he needs to know.
  • Same Thing Happens to me too in 4058 and your workaround ( creating / deleting a .txt ) seems to work. Waitting for a fix in the next build
  • Covecube
    I suspect that this has to do with the permission settings on either the ServerPoolPart... folders or the root of the volume itself. DrivePool needs to query the folder structure of N:\ServerPoolPart... in the context of the user who is creating the folder.

It's interesting that creating a file fixes this.
  • I am having the same issue as well - and the same fixed worked as well.  Using the most recent build/downloaded it 2 days ago.
  • Covecube
    4070 addresses an issue that was causing this error.

I've reproduced one problem that was causing this error to come up and now there's a fix.
  • Covecube
    There was another problem that was causing identical errors.

It was affecting people who have added a new disk to the pool.

4074 fixes it. Out now.
  • I have installed 4074 which fixed it for some folders but the problem resurfaced yesterday.  I was uploading a 4.8 GB DVD ISO to my DVDs folder and got this error again.  I then did what most people suggested, which is create a text file in the destination pool folder, which worked, and this allowed me to upload the file.

Strange....

• Covecube
    I'm fairly sure that this is still permissions related on the pool part folders. M4 is going to have some major changes in this regard so that it won't be affected by these problems.
  • This has just happened to me after adding a new drive - creating a .txt works in some pool folders but not others
    :-S