Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

How Can I adjust Free Space?

edited October 2011 in DrivePool
Hi,

I have 7 Drives in my pool & approx 500GB free on 5 & 2TB Free on one of them.  The problem I have is that 1 of the 2TB drives in the share is down to 10GB free space & WHS is complaining about the lack of free space on this drive.  Is there anything I can do in drive pool or do I have to turn the error off in WHS? Just curious also as to why Drivepool allocated so much data to one drive as I do not have any folder duplications on at all.

Cheers

Comments

• edited October 2011 Member
    Sorry Wrong Category

Mod: Category fixed
  • Covecube
    DrivePool always places files on the drive with the most free space. In your case all of the new files should be going to the drive with 2TB free, except duplicated files where it will place one on with 2TB free and the other on one of the other drives with the most free space.

DrivePool does not move existing files unless it will benefit disk space utilization. In other words, if the files are distributed in such a way that decreases the total amount of space available for folder duplication then they're moved.

You should be able to click ignore on the error from the Dashboard.