Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Disk Space?

edited October 2011 in DrivePool
Hi,

I have 7 Drives in my pool & approx 500GB free on 5 & 2TB
Free on one of them.  The problem I have is that 1 of the 2TB drives in
the share is down to 10GB free space & WHS is complaining about the
lack of free space on this drive.  Is there anything I can do in drive
pool or do I have to turn the error off in WHS? Just curious also as to
why Drivepool allocated so much data to one drive as I do not have any
folder duplications on at all.

Comments

• Resident Guru
    That is very odd; I was under the impression DrivePool isn't supposed to do that at all - it has been reasonably well-behaved on mine.

In the "Hard Drive Pooling" tab of the StableBit DrivePool dashboard add-in do any of the drives in the pool offer a re-balancing option (e.g. click on one of the drives; if I recall correctly, down the bottom of the screen it should have either "Pool balance 100.0%" or a clickable re-balancing option)?

While you could "simply" remove the full drive from the pool and DP "should" be forced to relocate the contents evenly across the remaining drives, then re-add the drive, it would take quite some time - and if it doesn't work as intended (since it shouldn't have this problem in the first place?) you could be back to square one.

If you can, please submit feedback to Alex via http://stablebit.com/contact so he can investigate?
  • I really am sorry to have wasted your time Shane in such a good reply to my question & apologies to anyone else that has looked at this as it was my error :-( I was sure that a particular folder was pooled until I went to drop some more data into it today & it was full & then on further investigation it was NOT part of the pool.....

Again Apologies & Many Thanks
  • Resident Guru
    No worries. :)