Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Client computer backups

edited October 2011 in DrivePool
I had my client computer backups on the pool but after installed version 4105, i would also error says that back service could not start and couldnt backup any of the computers.

I than removed it from the pool and it started working again. I dont know if its something on my server or some type of change in the addin but i believe its restricted whs from accessing the client backups on the pool.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Comments

• Almost the same behavior with 4108.  I have an alert that say "Errors exist in a client computer backup".

With a prior version, 4074, I had all my backups running fine without error.
  • edited October 2011 Covecube
    While I haven't seen this in my testing, the way in which client computer backups interacts with the pool will change in M4 to make it more reliable. Again, this is after getting feedback from various people who have trouble running backups on the pool.

So in order to have better reliability there will be some major changes in this area in M4.

Until then, make sure that you have Direct file I/O enabled in options.

For example, it has been running smoothly with M3 and Direct file I/O in my testing:

• edaeda
    I'm running 4133 and just ran into an interesting problem.  I have been running with Direct I/O and Fast I/O turned off, since that's the default.  Today I went ahead and turned them on.  After restarting, I got the dreaded corrupt client backup message.  I ran the repair process 3 different times, but the repair failed each time.  I went back in and turned Direct I/O and Fast I/O off, rebooted, and without even running the repair, the corrupt client backup error was gone.

My backups were then incomplete, but that was probably because of the repair effort.

So, is it better to keep the performance switches off for now until we get to M4?  If I turn the switches on, to I need to somehow reinitialize the client backups?