Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Unable to backup pooled drives?

edited November 2011 in DrivePool

Hi,

I have been experiencing a weird one here... I have spent the last week on and off trying various backup programs (Geniebackup/Cloudberry etc) to backup my pooled drives to some NAS boxes only to be hit with various missing files/unable to find paths type errors to files that I could clearly see & access.  I have now narrowed this down to only being a problem when backing up data from pooled drives.  If I try using the backup software mentioned above to backup files directly from the hard disk rather than a pooled drive they all backup perfectly (tried this 5 times since & still ok, but as soon as I try to backup from a pooled drive again I get random files that the backup software is unable to find) so it is conclusive & wondered if I am missing something or if this is a bug?