Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

No contents when acessing pooled drives

edited December 2011 in DrivePool

I have a WHS with 4 drives. All shares are working like a charm when acessing from windows computers and XBMC equipped devices. Now i bought myself a Android phone equipped with cifs manager and using insmod cifs.ko.

Accessing my shares works fine for all shares but listing and accessing contents for shares in the drivepool does not work. Also i can not acess any files using their path directly. Also subfolders are not listed and response "folder does not exist" when trying to access. This only applies to folders using the drivepool. The issue is propably not accociated to filenames, foldernames or number of files in a folder.

Anyone knows why? Any help appreciated!!!! :D

Comments

• edited December 2011 Resident Guru
    I can't find it, but I *dimly* remember someone, somewhere, commenting about DP shares (as of M3) not having a full cifs implementation.

If the M4 rewrite now allows WHS to natively handle the sharing side of things, then that problem should go away (warning: wild ass guess).