Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Added new drive but not included in the pool balance?

edited January 2012 in DrivePool

Hi - I have just installed DrivePool and it looks really good so far........thanks !!

One issue I have is that I have three HDD's - D, G and H.  G and H I added first, and the balancing seems fine between them, and I added D later.  When I look at the UI, after many days, it still says that (for example) \Videos is 100% balanced, but there is nothing on D - it is all on G and H.

Please let me know what I can do?

Many thanks.......

Comments

• If duplication is enabled StableBit will balance the share accross two or more drives. Since it's already on two drives it does not need to re-balance even if you add a new drive. But as you add more files to the share it might decide to start using your new drive. Don't worry about the "load" not being equal on all drives. This is normal and perfectly safe. 
  • Oh.......ok that makes sense.  Thanks for the reply !!   :-)