Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Can't access dashboard after M4 upgrade

edited January 2012 in DrivePool
1. Installed the wssx file from a client computer.
2. Dashboard no longer worked from any computer. It errors on clients and just never opens on the server. Same behavior after reboots.
3. Uninstalled Drivepool via the control panel. and rebooted. Dashboard works again.
4. Uninstalled Drivepool via the
Dashboard.
5. Tried to reinstall M4 via client. Now it gives me the error on install "The add-in cannot be
installed on the server."
6. Installed M3. Everything works as expected.
7. Try to upgrade to M4. I get an error saying this add-in can't be upgraded.

Comments

• edited January 2012 Member
    combined in first post.
    combined in first post.
    combined in first post.
  • Covecube
    If your M4 Dashboard is not opening

The first thing to try is delete everything in:

C:\ProgramData\StableBitDrivePool\Service\Store

AND

C:\ProgramData\StableBitDrivePool\Dashboard\Store

Then restart the server (of the StableBit DrivePool service)

----

Installation issues

The WHS installer is notorious for getting the version numbers mangled and then denying upgrades / installs.

The fix for this is to Uninstall everything and re-install.

1. Open the Dashboad and remove DrivePool, if listed.
    2. Log into the server with remote desktop as Administrator.
    3. Open Add / Remove programs and remove DrivePool, if listed.
    4. Open device manager and if you see Covecube devices

Right click and uninstall.
    5. Reboot. This is important, don't skip it. This will unload anything already loaded in memory.
    6. Now install the latest build of DrivePool.
    1. Followed Alex's advice.
    2. Still did not work. The install failed with the same error. After the failed install drivepool did not show as installed in dashboard or add/remove programs.
    3. I searched the registry for stablebit and drivepool. The only entries in there were eventlog or WER stuff.
    4. I searched for covefs and several entries were made. Could not delete due to no permissions and couldn't add myself.
    5. Ran regedit as SYSTEM to remove them.
    6. Searched C:\ for covefs.
    7. Ran an instance of cmd as SYSTEM to delete all the covefs files in driverstore\filerepository.
    8. Rebooted to ensure everything was cleared out.
    9. Tried to install M4 and still get the error. As far as I know I did an install with no traces of drivepool ever being on my system.
    10. Closed the error box and ran the M3 installer with no reboot. Installed and running perfectly.
    I install the addin from my client, but I have an RDC session open with the server. Could that affect it?

Tried again with no RDC. Still fails.
  • I am on the same boat.   I removed every trace of drivepool or stablebit products (I even uninstalled stablebit scanner,  just in case!) from my hard drive, the registry, etc.   I even deleted all my sharedpool folders from the server.  M4 simply does not install.  I get the "The add-in cannot be installed on the server."  message