Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

No Write Permissions when using Remote Desktop

edited January 2012 in DrivePool
After finally getting 5421 to work, I'm seeing some interesting problems when I'm remoting into my home server.  Whenever I have a share (existing or newly created), I do not have write permissions when logged into the server.  This is odd since Administrator is the owner of the pool (and obviously an Administrator).  On my desktop machine, I can read/write to the shares just fine but the local permissions are gone somehow.  I cannot delete, create folders, etc.  I've checked the sharing permissions 5 times and tried to create a brand new share and nothing happened.

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?

Comments

• I've run into the same exact scenario on mine.  OS drive is 320Gb, and in the pool are 3x500GB and 2x74GB drives.  I just downloaded the new build and after the data is backed up I'll be giving it a try.