Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Lost all duplicates after upgrade to M4 5421

edited January 2012 in DrivePool
I did a clean install of M4 beta 5417 and build  a number of shares of which I have put a few in duplicate mode. 
When finalized I had a pool of 8,54 TB containing about 6 TB non duplicated files and  1 TB of duplicated files

Today I upgraded to M4 5421. After installation and reboot Drivepool started the duplicate mode again. 
The result was the size of duplicated files is now about 195 MB. So I lost almost all duplicates.
I checked the hidden Drivepool directories on the physical disks. The directory structure of the duplicate files is still there but they are all empty. So it seems Drivepool has deleted all duplicates. The original files are still there. On the dashboard Drivepool is still reporting the shares are in duplicatemode.
Alex I am a little bit worried experiencing Drivepool deleting files and I am not sure what the risc is rebuilding the duplicates by switcing off and on again the duplicate mode.

Equisetum

Comments

• After initiating unduplicating of one the shares and again put it in duplicate mode Drivepool started reduplicating the share. 
    Next morning all six shares which initially were put in duplicated mode appeared to be reduplicated. Pool health was 100%. 
    Then I upgraded to 5449. After reboot Pool health was 50%. I initiated the duplication proces. After half an hour I checked the proces. It appears again all duplicates were erased. 

File duplication is in the default real time mode.

Equisetum