Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Issues with Drivepool

edited April 2011 in DrivePool
I recently set up a WHS 2011 box and was excited to try out Drivepool, so I installed it and created some new shared folders to be stored in the pool. Well the next day I logged into my server and the folders were gone from the dashboard under drivepool. I looked through the folders on the backend and the data was still there, but there was no way for me to check to see which folders where there and not there. I decided to re-install to see if I could get the folders and hard drives back, but I keep getting an error after re-installing and trying to add a folder:

Cannot add folder
unable to find assembly 'DrivePool.Service, Version=1.0.0.718, Culture=Nuetral, PublicKeyToken=null".

I then uinstalled again and and ran CCleaner and still receive the same error. My hard drives also don't show up under the pooling tab. I have also tried to restart the service and it still won't fix it. I tried to contact http://stablebit.com/contact and noone will reply to my email.

Please help!

Comments

• Covecube
    Sean,

Our policy is to reply to every case within a maximum of 24 hours. To my knowledge, we've only ever missed one :)

I believe this is your case:

As I stated in the contact request, we've seen this once before in another support case and a reboot seemed to fix it. We're looking into what could be causing this.
  •  

I just started using drive poo (beta 718) l and I can confirm I just had the same thing happen. A created a new hard drive pool with directories that were working fine yesterday. 

Woke up this morning and all the drives were missing.  Eventually the drives reappeared in the dashboard as "non pooled" but were not accessable.  I did a test and created a new directory in the pool to see if it would work and it does.

I then rebooted the server to see if that would fix anything. After reboot, the directories and the hard drives in the pool were missing, but the new directory I created was still there and still accessable (even though the hard drive pooling folder is empty).

• Covecube

I just started using drive poo (beta 718) l and I can confirm I just had the same thing happen. A created a new hard drive pool with directories that were working fine yesterday. 

Woke up this morning and all the drives were missing.  Eventually the drives reappeared in the dashboard as "non pooled" but were not accessable.  I did a test and created a new directory in the pool to see if it would work and it does.  I then rebooted the server to see if that would fix anything. After reboot, the directories and the hard drives in the pool were missing, but the new directory I created was still there and still accessable (even though the hard drive pooling folder is empty).
    Be careful with this situation, sounds like the service may not be running while the pool folder is shared. This means that you're creating that folder on your C: drive and not on the pool If this is the case, the the service will refuse to start in the future.

There's a new build coming any day now and we'll test for this condition.