Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

DrivePool UI enhancement ideas

edited February 2012 in DrivePool
First of all, loving the product, and while it is getting close to something that can be used in a production environment, it's not there quite yet. Other than the core issues with server and client backups, there are some graphical things that I think can be done to provide a more concise and clearer picture of what exactly is being shown.

Under "Server Folders and Hard Drives"
Server Folders
  1. Free space defaults to GB, it should automatically default to MB/GB/TB where it makes sense. 3929.5GB free hurts my head, 3.90TB is much better.
  2. What is the point of the status column?
  3. The Pooled column is a nice touch, but since the column header already says "Pooled", the value of the row should be Yes or No. Exactly how Duplicated looks.
Hard Drives
  1. See my point about MB/GB/TB in #1 above.
  2. Again, what does Status mean?
Pool
  1. I don't use drive letters, so can we have the option of naming each hard drive, like we do in StableBit Scanner?
  2. Additionally, please pad the Disk index with a 0, I have 12 hard drives and it is maddening to see "Disk 1, Disk 10, Disk 11, Disk 12, Disk 2"
  3. Capacity should not have the "Pool" section in parameters, I see that is can be helpful, but if you scroll down to the pool, you can see those values
  4. Same thing for Free Space, it is already available below
  5. While we're on the subject, can we make the "Pool' section the first section we see, after all, we are on the Pool tab. Obviously so we can see information relating to the pool.
  6. Can you remove Server Backup Disk and System Drive? Those are already available on the "Hard Drives" tab and they technically have nothing to do with the pool.

That's it, I just want to say I'm loving the product, and I can't wait to see what the final build will bring!