Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Duplicating or Not?

edited February 2012 in DrivePool

I have my users folder set to duplicate, but I don't think it's working properly.  It's spread across 3 disks in the pool, total size is 13.1GB, and it's reporting that disk1 has 749MB, disk2 has 1.75GB and disk3 has 10.7GB.  all of my other duplicated folders show 2 drives with the same size, but not this one.

I even tried moving all of the files out of the pool, un-duplicated the users share, moved all of the files back, and turned duplication back on, and it rebuilt back to the same values.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  M4-5677.

Comments

• Resident Guru
    That sounds more like a balancing issue than a duplication issue? Of my six duplicating pooled folders, one spans four disks, three span five disks, and two span seven disks; none of them are evenly distributed in terms of actual space used, but the files they contain are indeed duplicated.
  • After checking each of the pool disks, it does appear to be duplicating the files, but the space usage reported by DrivePool is wrong.  All of the files add up to 13.1GB, but DP should be reporting used space as 26.2GB.  All of my other duplicated pool shares are reporting properly (double the size of the actual files), but not this one.  I think I'll report it to Alex.