Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Server backup

edited February 2012 in DrivePool

I have all but one drive in the "Pool" and i have all of my server folders in the Pool.   The one drive outside of the pool i am using for server backups.  My issue is when i go to configure the Server back up i cant see the pool to select my server folders.  I have to select each of the root folders from the member drives.  Is this working as intended?

Oh and backups are slower than death... like in the 5 to 6 hour + range for  about 500gb (i am still waiting for it to finish).

thanks

Comments

• Resident Guru
    If you're using the built-in WHS 2011 Server Backup Wizard, I'll just say its capabilities are... limited. Personally, I wouldn't use it for anything more than backing up the operating system and the computer backups folder (and even the latter only if total <2TB).

For backing up the pool, folks have suggested apps such as Crashplan, Cloudberry, Duplicati, Jotta, etc; some of us like to rough it old-school and do our own scheduled scripts using programs such as Teracopy or Robocopy. :)