Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

DrivePool 5870 will not install properly

edited March 2012 in DrivePool

I installed DrivePool 5870, and it created a new G:  Once I add a drive to the pool I cannot access the G: anymore (Incorrect Parameter).  I can add a folder to the pool, but cannot browse the share from the dashboard or from the UNC path (\\server\test).  Also client machines cannot access the shared folders that are pooled.  I am using Window Small Business Server Essentials 2011.  I do not have this problem on WHS 2011.  What is going wrong here and how to I troubleshoot this issue further?

Help!

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Resident Guru
    Was this a clean install or an upgrade? If the latter, could you try uninstalling DrivePool, then removing C:\ProgramData\StableBitDrivePool if still present, rebooting and reinstalling?

Failing that, I'd suggesting contacting Alex directly, http://stablebit.com/Contact
  • This was a clean install on Windows Small Business Server Essentials 2011.  After this problem, I un-installed and re-installed with the same result.  After reading your post, I un-installed a second time, then cleaned up all registry entries, removed the c:\programdata\stablebitdrivepool folder and removed all the hidden poolpart{guid} folders on the pooled drives.  I rebooted and re-installed but the same problem still exists.

I will contact Alex as you have suggested.  Hopefully he can help me out.

Thanks,

John