Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Duplicate Folders appearing as Server Folders??

edited March 2012 in DrivePool
Help!  Just purchased this (and scanner), and did a fresh built WHM 2011 and build 5870 on Saturday .  All of my shares have been duplicated in the Server Folders

I have duplication on most folders, not all.  All went well until WHS 2011 had 8 updates today, rebooted, streamed a few TV shows them came back and DrivePool asked me to Migrate, I did.  HELP??

Comments

• edited March 2012 Resident Guru
    Ouch. You note it was a fresh build of WHS - was the pool however pre-existing from the time of the M3 beta?

(my server will be getting those updates tonight or in the morning, this could be... interesting)

Please definitely message Alex at http://stablebit.com/Contact with this problem.
  • Yes, I was running M3, and M3 to M4 was the main reason for the rebuild.  I rebuilt, installed 5870... migrated (first time) and everything was fine for 2 days.  Did the Windows Updates (I'm not blaming these) and I opened the Dashboard and DrivePool wanted me to Migrate again... didn't think much of it and did it.  Then I was noticing the ".2" shares and such.

I now installed the Scanner add-in, plus installed the Intel Rapid Storage drivers as well.  Without these, my hard-drives were spinning down when idling.

I ended up deleting the shares / turning off duplication, cleaning the pooled drive letter, and the individual drives letters.  Now just turning everything back on.
    :-"
  • Oooooh, this could get interesting. I just checked and I see the 8 updates you mention. It looks like only these two could be the culprits: KB2608658 and KB2639308.

I installed all but those two and everything seems to be fine, I'll install the last two one by one and see what happens.
  • Installed both and everything looks good, I think you may have installed the updates while DP was pooling or creating the shares or something and it was just a freak occurrence.
  • Covecube
    The .2 notation is a DrivePool M3 thing, it has never been used in M4 and going forward.

This is almost certainly something left over from M3.