Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Stuck removing a failed hard drive?

edited March 2012 in DrivePool
HI,

I purchased Drive-pool a few weeks ago and have been using it for a month or so with no issues. This week one of my drives started the show the tale-tale signs that it's about to fail (loud clicking). I took the opportunity to start the remove drive process. However, the drive failed during the process and now the interface is reading "This drive is currently being removed from the pool. This can take a while. Do not shut down the server" but the drive has already failed and is no longer in the system. How can I reset this as it seems to also be blocking me from writing to the pooled drives. The version I am using is 1.0.0.5933 (BETA M4).

Many thanks
Mike

Comments

• Physically remove the drive and then remove it from DP.  If there are any unduplicated files on the drive, you'll need to try to recover them or they're gone.  To recover the files, don't just plug the drive back in (leaving out the shutdown reboot etc) or DP will add it right back to the pool.  Personally, I'd plug into another PC and try to copy the files off that way.
  • Hi thanks for the response.

I have removed the drive from the computer but when I load up it says "This drive is currently being removed from the pool. This can take a while. Do not shut down the server". The drive itself is no longer in the computer and windows does not report it. However, drive pool still thinks its trying to remove it?

Thanks.
  • Ok, time for me to run away with my tail between my legs and defer to the experts. :)  Luckily that didn't happen to me when a drive failed.
  • Resident Guru
    Hi sonicm, please contact Alex via http://stablebit.com/contact about this bug.
  • Thanks Shane, I've send the support request email off.