Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Uninstall Drivepool?

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
Is it possible to uninstall Drivepool (completely) and still keep my data?

Thanks

Comments

• Resident Guru
    yes. DP does not erase data nor does it lock you out of your data once its removed. On each drive you will find a hidden folder(poolpart{CLSID}) that contains your data. Make sure you have show hidden files enabled
  • Hi guys. I won't bore you with the history but I got to a position where I needed to uninstall Drivepool to sort out my files on various drives. Now I've come to reinstall Drivepool it is picking up all info about previous drives/folders etc - obviously not a total uninstall of the previous copy. What do I have to do to remove all traces of Drivepool to get a clean new install?
  • edited April 2012 Resident Guru
    When you uninstall drivepool, the \poolpart.* folders on the pooled drives are not removed, as they contain your pooled files.

So if you want to add the old pooled drives to a new pool without adding the old pooled files, you'd have to delete - or just rename - their \poolpart.* folders before you re-add the drives.