Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Drivepool and Windows Server Backup

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
Just a quick one to see if anyone has found a workaround for this?

When trying to use my storage server as a target for windows server backup it throws an error complaining the target drive is not formatted in NTFS.

Comments

• Resident Guru
    You could try the CoveFs_ReportAsNtfs option from http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Advanced_Settings however if the Windows Server Backup software makes use of shadow copy on the target drive I suspect it will fail (since DP does not support shadow copy).
    That did the trick Shane!

Totally forgot about that option! Thanks.

-Dan
  • Resident Guru
    That's good to know; perhaps do a test restore of a file from the backup just to make sure?
  • edited May 2012 Member
    I can't get that config option to be recognized. Even after I renamed the config file and rebooted, Windows Explorer is reporting my pool drive as formatted with CoveFS, and I cannot select the pool as a backup option for my server backups in the wizard.

Here's that portion of the config file (C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool\DrivePool.Service.exe.config):
                <setting name="CoveFs_ReportAsNtfs" serializeAs="String">
                  <value>True</value>
                </setting>

Any thoughts/help?
  • edited May 2012 Member
    You will never see your pool as an option in the Standard WHS\SBSE\WSSE Console as this is looking for a External Drive IIRC.
     You need to manually setup backups in the Windows Server Backup window (Start-Administrative Tools-Windows Server Backup)
    Backups can then be run to your pool.