Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Crashplan & Drivepool

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
Hi,

i just have a few questions i curently have a 24tb whs2011 server with 8tb of data duplicated to 16tb of data i am thinking of useing crashplan haveing read some reviews and what some of you guys & girls have said on here.

my question is this should i turn of duplication on the pool i noticed crashplan does have an option data de-duplication or will it backup all the duplicated files as well.

If say 1 drive does fail is it possible for crashplan to only replace the files lost by that i mean will identify which files are missing and replace them because i think it would be impossible to find out what data has been lost if a pooled drive did fail.

Lee

Comments

• Crashplans de-duplication cant see duplicated files in the the pool as its accessed via shares or the virtual drive. So dont worry about it and duplicate the data you need and backup the files you want to crashplan.

A speed tip for crashplan is to set de-duplication to minimal if you are outside the usa to get the best upload speed.
  • thanks for the reply

just been checking out crashplan's 30 day free trial it will take 2.7 years to back up 8Tb lol back to the drawing board lol i guess duplication will have to do