Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Moving files or folders

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
Hi,

Having spent most of yesterday cleaning up my movie collection i noticed that when you move files or folders around within the pool it has to copy the file to the new destination folder then has to redo the duplication when doing the same on a non pool drive the move is instant since your not actual moving the file to another drive but rather is location on the pool is there anyway to stop this as it takes forever to move files around when it should take seconds.

Lee

Comments

• While on your WHS (either Remote Access, or Directly) are you moving things via the Network share, or the local Drive letter assigned to drive pool drive?

Example are moving something from   \\server\videos\folder1 to \\server\stuff

or

S:\videos\folder 1 to s:\stuff

the Driver letter version is instant for me (most of the time)
    the Network one is dirt slow