Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Install Help WHS 2008 R2

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
I'm a relative novice when it comes to computers so please bare with me. Hence why I want to install DrivePool instead of RAID.

I have Windows Home Server 2008 R2 installed and working OK on a HP MicroServer.
I download the DrivePool .wssx file to the: Administrators > Downloads folder.

The .wssx file has defaulted to open with Internet Explorer.

When I double clock to install Explorer tries to get me to re-download the file. If I click open I get the Download file popup, if I clcik save I get the Download file pop-up.

How to I go about installing?

Thanks

Comments

• edited April 2012 Resident Guru
    Um, just checking: by Windows Home Server 2008 R2, do you mean Windows Home Server 2011? WHS 2011 is indeed 2008 R2 under the hood (more or less) with WHS glued on top, but as a product there is no "WHS 2008 R2".
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    I have; Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
  • Resident Guru
    Ah, okay. DrivePool is currently only compatible with:
    * Windows Home Server 2011
    * Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
    * Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials

I don't know if Covecube intends to release a version that would run on 2008 R2 Standard. The possibility of it came up in conversations, and the fact that they all share the same basic codebase was a good thing, but that's all I know.
  • Resident Guru
    You would need to look at Drive Bender or Flexraid