Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

DrivePool and modifying dates of folders

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
Hi

I'm running PLEX media server on my WHS with DrivePool.
All my TV Shows are downloaded to a  \TV Shows\Showname\file folder
When a show is put into the Showname folder it does not update the date modified which causes the PLEX media server to skip over the folder so it doesn't show in my library.

There seem to be a bunch of other people with the same problem as me over in the PLEX forums here http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/36966-problem-updating-library/
They aren't all using DrivePool, but the problem is the same. I guess it has to do with the filesystem of the drive. 

Is there a way for DrivePool to notice a new file and modify the date of the folder?

Comments

• Resident Guru
    Ah, interesting. The DrivePool drive is not a NTFS volume, but it does try to act like one. However, there does appear to be something going on (or perhaps more accurately, not going on) with last-modified dates on folders. Thanks JASII. I've got to run for a bit, but I'll submit a bug report to Alex later today.
  • edited April 2012 Covecube
    This was by design. There is a performance hit to synchronizing folder write times, and it was not being done.

However, starting in build 6069, this is now implemented. The build is available in BETA form at:

Note that folder modification time synchronization is enabled by default, but you can turn it off in the .config to revert to the old behavior where it would be inconsistent but faster. You may want to do this if you don't care about folder modification times.
    Thank you very much for your reply Alex. And thanks Shane for submitting it. I will try it out and see how it goes :)
  • Did this work? I am having the same
    Issue... thanks
    Yeah it worked!
  • Good to hear! So u just upgraded to the latest beta?
    Yup and it worked right away. You don't need to do anything to enable it.