Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Share folders moved to Pool, lost from dashboard, but DP thinks they exist.

edited April 2012 in DrivePool

I completed moving my server shares to the Pooled Drive yesterday. Now 3 of the folders are missing from dashboard (2) and 1 is also empty.

The 3 folders in question are all User Shares.  In dashboard they show as in their original location but not pooled. 2 folders on the same physical HD but different partition have the data readable. However, when I try to move them to pool DP gives an error message that the folders already exists.  The drive/ partition is also giving a drive full (within 10%) error message.

The 3rd user share is on the same partition but shows no data, again if I try to move the folder to the Pool I get the already exists error message.

I have backups of the data so thats not the issue. Seems DP is not displaying data it moved properly.

Other thoughts:

This occurred after I added a 3rd drive to the system and added it to the pool.

I plan to add a 4th drive on Monday or Tuesday.

I will shutdown the server entirely - reboot and see if the pools appear. 

Comments

• edited April 2012 Member

An update:

Reboot did nothing.

Using Explorer directly on the server, I saw multiple copies of the Shares.

I turned Homegroup off for the server, that helped.

When I use Explorer on the Server and access the Pool the shares in question are visible and accessible  and have data.  But when I access via Dashboard they are not available in DP as before.

Should I delete them via the server and recreate them?

I'm wondering if this is related to my having manually created the shares, When I forgot how to add them via add user account. The word "share" is duplicated as [user] share share.

So. 

If I delete the user account folders from the pool and from server, uninstall DPand then establish new user accounts in WHS2011, I can then add DP back.

The pool data will remain intact right? Its the only folder that takes any real time to copy over.  

Or is there a better way? I don't mind dumping all data if that a better solution.

• Try stopping the stablebit service and renaming the Pool.PartXXXX file on the last drive you added to the pool and then reboot.  Make a note of the pool.part folder name in case you need to put it back though.  Sounds like you have a similar problem to what I had yesterday.  After reboot my drivepool returned to normal and everything reported correctly.  I do not know what the issue is unless the drives are just formatted incorrectly for DrivePool maybe?