Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Thumbnails

edited May 2012 in DrivePool

Hi,

Just installed drivepool last night (I can't remember the version no. but it will be whichever the latest build is the latest one today, 1st May 2012), last time I used it was in M2 when I had to back out becuase I got a lot of performance issues and it's taken me a while to take the plunge and install it again.

I added my pictures folder (60 gig of jpg photo's in a large folder structure) to the pool and switched on duplication, I noticed performance accessing the share was very slow, but I put it down to the fact it was still duplicating and went to bed.

I checked it this morning and sure enough it was much faster loading and flicking through the photo's, however I noticed that every time I entered one of the photo folders it re-rendered all the thumbnails and took some time over doing it as well, the thumbnails for the folders was fine, just when I enter the folder, which is kind of annoying...

My guess is windows keeps thinking the folder has changed and triggering a regeneration of the thumbs.db.

Apologies if this has already been covered I search the forum for 'thumb' to no avail.

Thanks

Comments

For performance reasons DP does not update the "last update" time stamp on folders. Also DP does not report as NTFS by default. I guess Windows either uses the last update timestamp on the folder or some other NTFS feature to detect weather the thumbnails must be updated or not.

You can turn on both the folder timestamp and make DP report as NTFS by modifying DP's config file and restarting the service.