Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Moving Shares out of a drivepool pool

edited May 2012 in DrivePool
Hello,
I currently have all my shares on my WHS2011 system in the drivepool (Drive P).  I wanted to move a couple of them out of the pool and I am not able to do so.
I moved them all into the pool with the dashboard "Move the folder" on the Server Folders tab.  This worked great.
I tried to use that to move the folders back out of the pool and it comes up with an error:
   The following file is in use or cannot be moved: \\?\P:\ServerFolders\Public. Ensure that all the files in the folder are closed then try again.

There is nothing (that I know of) that has any of these files open, and I tired other shares with the same problem.  Is DrivePool keeping these open so I can't move them?  How can I move these out of the pool?

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2012 Resident Guru
    Hi, do you get the same result if you try to move a shared folder that isn't in the pool?

You can also use the Resource Monitor that comes with WHS2011 (Start button, type Resource Monitor) to see what files are open and by what processes.
  • Hi Shane, Thanks for the response.
    If I move a shared folder outside of the pool it moves fine.  No problems.  It only seems to be shared folders within the pool.
    I also looked at the Disk section of the Resource Monitor and saw nothing open in any of the shares or as best I could tell any of the disk drives that are in the shares.

• Resident Guru
    Hmm. Have you tried forcing a Drivepool consistency check? If that doesn't help, I would suggest reporting it as a potential bug via the stablebit.com contact form.
  • How do you force a Drivepool consistency check?
  • UPDATE: Hmm, seems I have fixed it.
    I had Drive Bender installed on my machine from evaluating it earlier and decided I would remove that to see if it was conflicting somehow with DrivePool.  That seems to have fixed the issue.  There must be something that interacts between the two that causes this issue, don't know what it is.