Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Is it safe to run CHKDSK?

edited May 2012 in DrivePool
Is it safe to run CHKDSK /F /R on the DrivePool Drive Letter since Windows thinks it's a 2TB drive? I may be answering my own question. Or should I run it on each individual Drive Letter and not the DrivePool Drive Letter.

Comments

No, don't run chkdsk on the drivepool drive letter. I'm not sure what would happen, but better not do it :)
    But you can safely run it on the individual drives. The reason DP reports 2 TB free is that it cannot accurately calculate free space. It will all depend on whether you copy to a duplicated folder or not. It will also depend on what size of files you add. It does not really matter. 
  • Resident Guru
    If you attempt to run CHKDSK on the DrivePool drive it will refuse to check the volume (unsupported file system), even if you have configured the CoveFs_ReportAsNtfs option to True.
  • Resident Guru
    You can still use CHKDSK on individual drives that are in the pool.