Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Metabrowser weirdness

edited May 2012 in DrivePool
I have had Metabrowser running on my server for ages, so I did the same thing with my new server and drivebender, and it worked fine.  However, since dumping drivebender and switching to stablebit because of corruption issues with drivebender, I've had really flakey behavior from metabrowser.

It's set to monitor folders for changes - and sometimes it does just fine, other times it doesn't see anything new added to it.  But lately, it's gotten weirder.  Instead of say d:\serverfolders\movieshd\shrek\shrek1080.mkv for example being the popup when I hover the mouse over Shrek in the left column (where it shows physical path when you hover over a movie) I get weird things that physically are not anything real - i.e. c:\serverfolders\movieshd\the breakfast club\shrek\wholelotofGUIDlookingthings\etc...

Instead of showing me 56 in the 3d movies group and 1882 in the Movies group, it just was showing 3764 movies.  It doubled every movie, one legitimate, and one weird one with the totally random and not at all valid path.  It's done random ones showing the odd paths like that before, but never every single movie doubled like that.

I see posts of some people with some issues with metabrowser during the earlier builds, but nothing current.  Anyone else seeing bizarre stuff like this?  Never happened with drivebender, only since switching to stablebit.  On the plus side, mediabrowser on my HTPC is seeing everything correctly, nothing is getting saved bizarrely like that.  Just how metabrowser shows things sometimes.

Thanks

John

Comments

• Resident Guru
    I suspect you have two separate issues?

(1) Monitoring folders for changes: customise DrivePool's config file to enable CoveFs_SynchronizeDirectoryTimes as explained in http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Advanced_Settings

(2) Weird non-existant physical paths: that sounds like a doozy. Are you running the latest stable release version of DrivePool?
    Yes, using current release.  Doesn't happen all the time, just seems like after the server's been running for a bit.  I've often found a few here or there that show that bizarre path when I hover, but this was the first time they all doubled in metabrowser like that.  

Thanks for the link for the advanced options - I made the change, so hopefully that will resolve it moving forward.  Now that read that, it makes perfect sense what was happening and why.  

I appreciate the help.

John