Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Future features?

edited May 2012 in DrivePool
About the only thing I miss from drivebender is the ability to duplicate any folder, not only the root of a share and thus the entire tree.  I have some TV shows that would be a real pain, if not outright impossible, to replace, and in drivebender I was able to duplicate them without having to duplicate the whole contents of the "TVShows" folder structure. Any chance that is forthcoming in some future version?  I know I can create multiple roots, one for unduplicated, the other for duplicated, but then I have to set metabrowser for multiple TV show locations, and mediabrowser as well.  Which I will if there's no plans in the future to allow a little more granularity for duplication.

Another handy thing would be some "check for updates" option so I can easily find when I'm falling behind without having to hunt for the change log page to see what the current build is and compare it to the number on the bottom of the GUI on my server.  Alternatively if the downloads page could show the version that would be downloaded, just easier than always having to hunt to see what version that download would be on the change log page to give me a number to compare it to.  

Otherwise absolutely no issues with any corruption, unlike what made me migrate from Drivebender...  So nice to be able to copy files over the network to the target folder again, rather than the workaround I had to use to copy to the C drive then copy locally from the server's C drive to the drivebender pool...

Comments

• RobRob
    I have solved this by making two shares, one "TV Series" and another "TV Series Duplicated". All front-ends nowadays can pull both root folders together and present them as one without problems (eg. I use 10muse together with a Dune). But I agree, it would be cleaner.

For the second part. The dash already shows if there is an update available (under add-ins), but not in a real obvious way. Another forum member suggested a service called "Follow That Page". This basically sends you an e-mail when Alex has updated the website with a new update.

Both answers are just suggestions for a temp solution.
    Yeah, I had mentioned that solution for now as one I would do if there's no plans in the future for better duplication, was just hoping to actually hear whether or not that's in the pipeline at all or not...  

Thanks for the second part - I never looked there.  Pretty obvious once you know it's there to look for!

Thanks!

John