Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Question on Dashboard Info

edited May 2012 in DrivePool
Is there a legend/key for what means what in the StableBit Drivepool window on the WHS2011 dashboard?  I'm trying to just understand what I'm seeing since my pool is showing all of my folders/files as pooled, but the individual drives are showing only a small percentage of the files as 'unduplicated' and 'duplicated' when I select a pooled drive - and a large amount of 'other'.  Is this normal?  So...what is each item listed?  Specifically:

What's 'Other'? 
What's unduplicated files?  (is it just files in the pool that aren't set for duplication, files marked for duplication that haven't been duplicated yet, etc.?)
What's duplicated files?  (Is it the space taken by duplicate copies of files, the entire space taken by both copies of those files, etc.?)

Unrelated - where can I access drive health status info?

Comments

• edited May 2012 Resident Guru
    Hi Necro. On the Hard Drives tab, they mean:

Other - files on the drive that are outside of the pool, as well as any space lost to file system overhead (NTFS not DrivePool)
    Unduplicated - files on the drive that aren't set for duplication or which have not yet been duplicated
    Duplicated - files on the drive that have duplicates on another drive (so the size is only for this drive).

If by drive health status you mean SMART info, that's not handled by DrivePool.

• edited May 2012 Member
    Hrm...that's odd.  Even though my pool is showing as the full size, the vast majority of my files are showing as 'Other'.  Thoughts on why that would be? 

On the Server folders tab it says pooled.  4 folders are showing as '0 bytes' in the pool - one of which is actually empty, but which has >1tb across the other 3, 2 of which are duplicated. 

And...looking again, it looks like summations are just off everywhere - it's showing the right total pool size and used, but all of the graphs have a ton of space taken up by other.

And I thought Drivepool scanned the health of the drives in the pool and reported on it as health of the pool?
    ...and clicking on remeasure fixed this.  Didn't realize that that HAD to be done manually!
  • RobRob
    edited May 2012 Member
    Noticed that too. Think has to do with some kind of refresh (which does not happen automatically obviously). Even had more "other" data on a drive in several ocasions, than physically possible, but as said refresh solved it.