Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Date modified does not update after adding files to a folder.

edited June 2012 in DrivePool
I save TV shows to my server and have a bunch of folders.  Each show has its own.  Some shows have subfolders for seasons.  These update when I drag shows into them.  The main folder for that show then updates as well.  But when I drag files from my HTPC to the server they do not update the main folder modified date.  I turned off duplication on this TV folder as well because every day I came back to my HTPC the latest updated folders were all resorted.  They all had the date of the day as the modified date.  Nothing had been added though.  I use the modified date so I know which shows have the newest shows I need to watch.  What can I do to make the date modified work as it does in normal windows?

Comments

• Updating timestamp on directories have a small performance hit, it is therefor disabled by default.

You need to set 'CoveFs_SynchronizeDirectoryTimes' to true in the config file and restart the service/reboot the server.

See http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Advanced_Settings for information about how to do this.
    That worked.  Thank you very much..  That line was not in my config file so I just added it.  When I tried to save the file as stated in your link it did not work.  So I just copied the default file and then just saved as the same name.  Worked then.  I named it as it said to, but it was saved as a txt file.  No other option was available in the save as dialog menu.
    Ok, only certain folders update when adding or changing a file in the folder. They are all stored in the same master folder on the pool.