Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Adding folders problem

edited June 2012 in DrivePool

Sorry if this has been discussed before - i did a search for this error and came up blank.

I have added my own 'VIDEO' folder to the pool fine and then shared it. When I try and add another folder i get this error:

' a server folder cannot be added to a folder that contains a shared folder' I unshared the 'VIDEO' folder but get the same error. I will restart the server and try and add all my folders before sharing any, is this the solution? Anyone else having problems with 'Shared Folders'? Can anyone else advise on how I should be sharing them - I had enabled 'Guest' and gave 'Everyone' access in an effort to enable my Video Streaming boxes 'Popcorn Hours' to be able to access the Video Jukebox folder. Thanks, Gerry. 

Comments

• edited June 2012 Member
    I think I worked it out. I have to add - via Explorer - the folder I want eventually in the 'Drivepool' to another physical drive. then use the 'Add Folder' tab to add it to the list, then use the 'Move Folder' tab to move it to the pool. seems to work fine now, but it's a bit of a clunky process!   
  • edited June 2012 Resident Guru
    Hi Gerry. Yes, normally one simply clicks "Add a folder" from the Server Folders tab of the Dashboard, chooses or creates the desired folder in the desired drive, and sets permissions.

However, WHS does not allow using this method to "nest" server folders - i.e. you can't use it to share two folders if one of them is inside the other. It's possible to work around this, as I think you've discovered, but it might confuse WHS later on.