Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Adding to the Windows 7 Library

edited June 2011 in DrivePool
Right now I can't add a one of the pooled folders to the Library.  It states that the folder needs to be indexed.  Any plans on this feature being added soon?

Comments

• edited June 2011 Resident Guru
    Here be Microsoft dragons. Library folders don't actually need to be indexed, because while windows explorer claims you can't do it, windows media player / media centre / photo gallery / etcetera do allow adding non-indexed network locations. So there must be a way for us to add non-indexed locations to our libraries.

Thankfully somebody else already did the hard work: http://zornsoftware.talsit.info/blog/win7-library-tool.html

(note: read that webpage carefully, and use the tool's save button to backup your existing library configuration before proceeding - some people have experienced problems)

So until CoveCube can sort out the indexing problem (a whole other ball of Microsoft-flavored wax), you can use the tool above to add your pooled folders to your libraries.
  • edited June 2011 Member
    thanks for the link.  I'm going to give it a shot.  Right now I like the drive pooling, but it's not very useful if I can't incorporate it into the normal user process.  This is especially the case since I have 4 other computers in the family that I don't primarily use and it adds more work for me.
  • Covecube
    I've added this to the todo list. Not exactly sure what's involved here or if DrivePool can do anything about this.
    Alright I have added my drivepool folders to the libraries on one of my computers using the link Shane provided.  The other thing I notice missing with the drivepool folders is a security tab.  It hasn't been an issue yet and it seems that adding the account through computer management did the trick I needed for making my shares work on my media center extenders.

Thanks for looking into this.  So far everything works well.
  • Covecube
    Sure. If it's possible to fix it without rewriting half of the code, it'll be done :)

M3 has the security tab. It's not out yet.