Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

File Placement

edited October 2012 in DrivePool

Hi,

Having used drivepool and scanner since beta I have noticed that the same question pops up from time to time a new thread been (drive failure)

It is a problem finding out what files are stored where should the worst happen they have been many helpful members giving solutions to this problem in regards to command prompt's i think as this software is aimed at the general public note should be taken for Alex to add some kind add-on or built in upgrade that will catalogue what files are on each drive maybe something simple like a daily email from each drive in the pool with such information.  I personally would see this as a great add-on as i have over 78 thousand files in my pool and i know should the worst happen i would have no chance of finding out what is on what. If there is a budding programmer out there with the skills to make such an add-on i think it would be a life saver for many drivepool user's hopefully Alex can give us some input on this to see if it is possible or not.

Lee